23 Dec Coralee Beatty: It’s Time to Level Up Your Trade Business and Hire a Coach for 2022
Episode #21: Welcome to the She Builds Show, I’m your host, Stefanie Olson. Today I am excited to introduce you to Coralee Beatty. Coralee shares her knowledge, experience and expertise with other women in construction and trades to build their business for greater profitability, flexibility and freedom. In addition, Coralee advocates for women in trades to empower them to take control of their future in the industry, helping them start a business and doing so on the right foot, providing best practices for growth and success.
Ready? Let’s go…
• I started in the mid-90s doing building on lot consulting with an engineering firm and did that for 10 years, and then I retired from that and I acted as a general contractor for building our family home for the following year, and then I was working full-time with my husband in our trades business, so I was kinda doing part-time kind of doing the engineering thing, and then I shifted full-time into our business, and after 15 years, we sold that business and now what I do is I work with other women in construction businesses to help them organize and structure their business for profitability, flexibility and freedom. (0:47)
• So it was just having that support, somebody to help me stay focused, because when you can get carried away with everything that’s going on in your day, that last priority is on your business. So that’s thing that gets… When you’re tired at the end of the day, that’s the things, well, maybe I can do that tomorrow instead, but when I had that accountability, when I had that person to say, Okay, these are the points that we need to work on, and let’s focus on this one piece then I could do that. And so that’s kind of how it helped me, just make sure that I put my processes in place and make sure that, basically what ended up happening is we were able to build our business so basically we could actually sell it when we were at really to exit it. (6:52)
• Yeah, I’m certainly the only one that caters just to women, there are other women who do construction coaching, but I think I’m the only one that does women specifically. And like I said, I do that very purposely, it doesn’t make my life easy… It would be easy for me to go find all these men and bring them in… That would be fine. The challenge is getting women to recognize they need the help, recognize they’re allowed to ask for help. I think that so many women are used to doing everything and… I got it, I can do it. It’s just easier for me to do it. I was there too, before I hired my first admin person, it’s just like, I can do it, it’s just easier for me to do… I don’t have time to train somebody. It’s just like all these emergencies, I just need to do, I need to do and I need to do, and to just stop and let yourself ask for help and to accept it, that is I think the biggest challenge. Because one, women feel like a failure when they have to ask for help. It’s just like, I can do it all, well you shouldn’t do it all. There’s no reason for you to do it all, and nobody can be successful on their own. (14:31)
• You gotta be ready for it. There is a lot to be ready for, I mean, even on the good days, there’s a lot of struggles, but if somebody’s interested in that, I really want to help them be able to make that shift because challenges are confidence and fear. Women who are making that shift from being a trades woman to becoming a business owner in the trades, those are the two biggest issues that I see. And I really want to help them, empower them and give them the tools that they need to do it with confidence, because it is so… It’s so possible. It’s so possible to have the right support system when you accept it, when you give yourself the opportunity to take the help, have the guidance, there’s so much potential. (23:27)
ABOUT CORALEE BEATTY:
After 25 years in the construction industry, and successfully selling her trades business, Coralee now shares her knowledge, experience and expertise with other women in construction and trades to build their business for greater profitability, flexibility and freedom. In addition, Coralee advocates for women in trades to empower them to take control of their future in the industry, helping them start a business and doing so on the right foot, providing best practices for growth and success.
Coralee wholeheartedly believes in the power of women and believes together they are stronger. Her purpose is to support women in construction to maximize their business potential and live a life they love.
CONNECT WITH CORALEE:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coraleebeatty
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/coralee-beatty-627a001b1
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH STEFANIE…