09 Dec Worrywart
Episode #19: Welcome to the She Builds Show, I’m your host, Stefanie Olson. The title of today’s episode is Worrywart. It’s the definition of fear, an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous likely to cause pain or a threat, the definition of worry is to give way to anxiety or unease, allow one’s mind to dwell on difficulty or trouble. The definition of dread is to anticipate with great apprehension or fear, fear, worry, dread. These emotions have riddled me the past few weeks, I think the one I struggle with the most is worry, my mind ruminates, so for every possible way things could go wrong, these last few weeks have been so stressful, I have been in complete overwhelm mode. We’re growing as a business, don’t have enough people to do all the things, and we’re preparing to put two spec comes on the market, and I am a perfectionist, every detail matters to me getting the house on the market and… Perfect condition is a feat. The final touches, the landscaping, the plants, the cleaning, the painting, the staging of photos, just the listing description, the perfect marketing plan, the open house schedule, I was consumed with the things to do and get done, and then the worry hit, what if they don’t sell? What if I really don’t know what I’m doing, what if I’m wrong about my gift, my calling. What if they sit on the market, these thoughts consumed to me and turned me into a worrywart. But then, I surrendered and it all changed.
Ready? Listen in to hear what happens.
• I have built lots of houses, flipped over 100 homes, and for some… This felt different. All the houses I’ve built before had partners, I had other contractors who had the risk, it wasn’t all on me. But this one was all me, I had to face my fears and worries and completely put myself out there. When life gets like this for me, I know it’s because I’ve drifted away from God. When I’m so consumed with worry, most likely because I haven’t surrendered, I know I’m not allowing myself to turn over the outcomes that I have no control over. So Sunday, we went to church and the entire message was about… Guess what? Surrendering, I realized that my worry was not necessary. (04:30)
• And you know what happened? Right after church, I had an open house scheduled for these two houses to try to sell them, they’d only been on the market a couple of days. I set up everything, I put all the signs out, the flags out, and for a half an hour, absolutely no one… I mean, no one, I felt ghosted. I also felt like the kid sitting inside the house waiting for your friends to show up, peering out the window, where are they? Are they coming? Are they going to be here? No one for like a half an hour, and then you guys, all of the sudden cars upon cars… I mean, at one point, God was just showing off. 30 people are walking around the house, it was speaking life into me. See, what I didn’t know was that the little theater across the street that I actually had thought had been abandoned, had a play scheduled at the exact same time of my open house and the hotel car by car, showed up to the theater and they all came to see my house. The response and the feedback honestly brought me to tears because that day I sold both houses. (05:49)
• And I think God was saying to me, child, I got you. You’re mine, you have nothing to fear. The bigger the mess, the bigger the carry. Am I right? I am a mess and none of that had anything to do with me, and I just want to give God the glory for that moment, he just overwhelmed me that day, overwhelmed me to the point of tears that I could be such a mess, such a worried filled mess, and the very day that I’m feeling that and trying to surrender to God, that he shows up and he shows off, Oh man! So do not let worry, fear and dread over take your mind honey. Surrender. And you know the thing about surrendering is, is this is not a one-time thing, it’s an act that must happen daily, a daily reminder that your worry can be handed over and you can let peace in. (6:58)
• Honey, you are good enough. You do know what you’re doing. Do the thing. Even if you’re scared, I’m proud of you. You’re incredible. You are amazing. Do the thing. Even when you’re worried, thank you so much for listening today for coming and joining me as I share things that are closest and dearest to my heart. May your day be filled with peace. (08:10)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH STEFANIE…
• Website: https://shebuildshomes.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shebuildsbetter
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shebuilds.homes
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/shebuildsshow